Written by Vera Coetsee, Health and Nutrition Coach
16 March 2023
IV therapy is gaining more recognition as a preventative and therapeutic treatment for many health conditions. And there is a reason for this; many people are now dealing with low energy levels, increasing stress levels, environmental pollutants, poor diets, nutrient-depleted soil, overuse of medications and chronic health conditions. IV therapy offers an effective way to replenish these lost nutrients, support metabolic processes and optimise our health. Each person has unique deficiencies and nutritional needs, and IV therapy can offer a personalised treatment that targets those specific deficits and fill your body with essential nutrients, vitamins, and minerals.
What is IV therapy?
IV therapy is a delivery method for fluids and medication. “IV” stands for intravenous, which means the fluid is administered through the veins. During an IV infusion, your body receives nutrients directly into the bloodstream. This bypasses the digestive system, which would otherwise lower the amount of vitamins your body can absorb. With drip hydration, nutrients are instantly available, so your body can absorb 100% of what it needs before passing along the rest to your kidneys to be flushed out.
What are the benefits of IV therapy?
When we take vitamins orally they are absorbed into the body in the small intestine, but many people struggle with digestion issues, which means not all nutrients are absorbed by the body. IV therapy bypasses the absorption process and all the nutrients get delivered to the cells. Therefore, patients tend to feel better more quickly after IV therapy.
IV therapy can deliver a range of health and wellness benefits which include:
- Boosting metabolism and weight loss
- Helping hangover symptoms by enhancing liver detoxification
- Treating certain nutrient deficiencies
- Cleansing your body of toxins and reducing oxidative stress on the cells
- Boosting energy levels
- Relieving stress and fatigue
- Easing anxiety and promoting relaxation
- Improving skin hydration and antioxidants to the skin
IV therapies available at Restore Integrative Medical Clinic:
- Restore Immunity Boost – antioxidants to boost immune function and fight viral infections
- Restore Stress and Sleep Support – Vitamins to help restore adrenal health to manage stress and to help improve relaxation and sleep
- Restore Antioxidant Boost – Antioxidants for a quick liver cleanse and boost
- Restore Liver Detox and Metabolism Boost – this is suitable for those looking to do a good detox and metabolism boost for weight loss
- Restore Liver Detox and Antioxidant Boost – vitamins to boost liver detox and antioxidants to fight oxidative stress
- Restore Migraine Support – vitamins and minerals to help relieve muscle spasm, calm feelings of anxiety and relieve migraines and headaches
- Restore Brain Antioxidant Boost – IV infusion to boost brain mitochondria function and metabolism and antioxidants help reduce oxidative stress and inflammation
- Restore Iron Boost – iron infusion for relieving fatigue and dizziness from iron deficiency
- Restore Skin Glow – super antioxidants that helps fight free radical and helps in brightening of the skin
If you are interested in IV therapy or would like to enquire more about this treatment, make a booking at our clinic to find out more.